Silk Mill Helios

Laggada 134, Neapoli, 56727, Greece

Former Use: Silk Mill
New Use: Primary School & municipla cultural centre
Category: Culture, Education
Original Architect: K.Psathas, D. Andronikos, Fyllizis-Papamihailidis (engineers)
Reuse Architect: G. Papaioannou,M.Papaioannou-Kantidakis
Construction year(s): 1931 - 1947
Reuse year(s): 1994 -


Listed in 1991.

Relevant Literature:

  1. Deligianni Traganou, O. 1992. Thessaloniki 1991: A key year for the reuse of historic industrial complexes. Technologia: Bulletin of the Cultural Technological Foundation of the Hellenic Industrial Development Bank, 5/6, 48-50.
  3. TICCIH, 2007, "The end of giants. Industrial heritage and cities transformatinos", Conference proceedings, Volos
  5. Interview Olga Traganou DeligianniItalic text, Reuse of industrial heritage of Northern Greece, 27/8/2018
  6. Kolonas, V., Traganou Deligianni, O. 1989, Thessaloniki 1912-1949, Industry and City, Exhibition catalogue, CTF ETBA Bank, p.23

Added on 2018-08-15 by editor Dora Chatzi Rodopoulou