Water supply museum of Thessaloniki

26is Oktovriou 19, Thessaloniki, 546 27, Greece

Former Use: Pumping station
New Use: Industrial museum
Category: Industrial Museum
Website: http://www.eyath.gr/swift.jsp?CMCCode=1002&extLang
Original Architect: Aime Cuypers (engineer)
Reuse Architect: Ο. Τraganou-Deligianni (head of project)
Construction year(s): 1890 - 1894
Reuse year(s): 2001 -


The machinery is preserved in situ and it is operational. Listed in 1987 by the Ministry of Culture. (ΦΕΚ 347/Β/85)

Relevant Literature:

  1. http://www.eyath.gr/swift.jsp?CMCCode=1002&extLang
  2. NTUA, Urban Environment Laboratory, 2006, Record of Greek Industrial Heritage
  3. http://odysseus.culture.gr/h/1/gh152.jsp?obj_id=3515
  4. http://www.openhousethessaloniki.gr/building/%CE%BC%CE%BF%CF%85%CF%83%CE%B5%CE%B9%CE%BF-%CF%85%CE%B4%CF%81%CE%B5%CF%85%CF%83%CE%B7%CF%83-2/
  5. Interview Olga Traganou Deligianni, 27/8/2018

Added on 2018-08-29 by editor Dora Chatzi Rodopoulou